How much does it does cost?Wedding Policy and Rate Sheet as of 3/20/07
Calvary by the Sea Lutheran Church
Wedding Policy and Rate Sheet
The wedding ceremony is considered a worship service by Calvary by the Sea Lutheran Church. Our mission is to share God’s Grace, Aloha, and the beauty of God’s Creation at the uniting in love of husbands and wives.
• We see this sanctuary as a place for the peoples of the world to experience God’s Love for the world.
• Weddings introduce people to the Christian Faith and the care of the people of Calvary by the Sea.
• Wedding ministry helps support community and church by publicly proclaiming two individuals have become one family.
General Wedding Information
• Weddings may be scheduled by calling the church office between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• The cost of a wedding is $900. This includes the sanctuary, pastor, organist, coordinator, and parking attendant (if deemed necessary by Calvary staff).
• The wedding coordinator provided by the church is not a wedding planner. The coordinator supervises the rehearsal and ceremony, ensuring that all participants know what to do. The coordinator can also answer questions the wedding party may have.
• The facility is not available for wedding receptions.
• The wedding must be officiated by a Calvary pastor. A guest pastor may participate at the discretion of the Calvary pastor.
• The wedding couple must be current residents of Oahu.
• The wedding couple must meet with the Pastor for pre-marital counseling soon after they have scheduled their wedding and twice more before the wedding date.
• Call the church office during regular office hours.
• Your desired wedding date and time and alternative dates and times will be recorded. If the sanctuary is available during your desired date and time and a pastor is available, you will be notified.
• The wedding will be booked on the calendar and details discussed.
• $450 is due two weeks after confirming the reservation. This is non-refundable.
• The balance is due not less than two weeks prior to the wedding.
• Please make checks payable to Calvary by the Sea Lutheran Church.
• A maximum of three hours will be set aside for your wedding to allow for decorating, picture taking, and the ceremony. Please be sure to start your wedding on time and to leave the premises on schedule in order to respect other scheduled weddings or activities on the premises.
Rehearsals will be scheduled with the Wedding Coordinator. We recommend scheduling as soon as possible to ensure availability. Rehearsals take approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete. It is imperative that all participants in the wedding party arrive for the rehearsal 10 minutes prior so that the rehearsal can start on time. The pastor does not take part in the rehearsal. The Wedding Coordinator is a trained specialist and capable of answering questions.
Music: The organ will only be played by the Church Organist. If you have other or additional musicians involved, this information must be provided and approved by the wedding coordinator in advance.
Sound Equipment: If an audio technician is required for the ceremony, an additional fee of $79 is required. However, if you have an audio technician in place of the organist, there will be no extra fee. Calvary will provide the audio technician for all weddings that would like recorded music played for the ceremony. Only the authorized audio technician is permitted to use the sound system. Prior arrangements must be made with the wedding scheduler and/or coordinator.
Parking: The parking lot can accommodate a maximum of 65 cars. If the parking lot is full, cars are to park across the street in a residential area on East Hind Drive. Your guests can cross Kalanianaole Highway safely at the traffic light.
Food and Drinks ARE NOT allowed in the church: The setting up, decorating, and clean up is the responsibility of the wedding party.
Other information: To facilitate your reception plans, the signing of the marriage license and the church certificate may be done 15 minutes prior to the ceremony starting.
We Do Not Allow the throwing of rice, bird seed or confetti. If you are planning to have a flower shower after the ceremony, you are to assign people to be responsible for the cleaning up after it is done. If you are planning to have bubbles, they can only be blown outside the sanctuary, and only allowed if it is not raining. For safety reasons, runners are not permitted to be used on the stone floor or steps and tape of any kind may not be attached to the floor. Also, do not use tape on the pews to attach flowers or bows. There are a total of 12 pews (6 on each side) for the center aisle. If available, we can provide pew clips for you to borrow for your ceremony; you must arrange for these through the church office. You can pick them up at the time of your rehearsal. They are to be returned immediately after the ceremony is over. The wedding coordinator will collect these when the ceremony is completed. Please do not take these to the reception.
This policy is for those meeting criteria noted on the first page.
All weddings for couples, both of whom are not US citizens and are citizens of Japan, Korea or China, must be arranged through UI Productions.